Tuesday, July 21, 2009

12 Things I Miss the Mostest

So, I recently read an article on Baby Center (some online thing for pregnant people/moms, etc...) about the 12 things most pregnant women miss the most.  Though some of them are true for me, I figured I'd make my own list about what I miss the most.  = )

1. My bellybutton.
It has been weirdly changing for a few months now.

2. Caffeine with no effects.
A new side effect is being kicked in the hips when I drink too much caffeine.

3. Alcohol.
Not constantly, but definitely when I crave cheese or pizza, I feel the need for a glass of wine or a beer.

4. Sleeping a whole night without having to consider my flipping around.
The pillow of epic proportions helps with this, but still, I wake up on my back often and have to think about why I can't lie that way in the middle of the night.

5. Being able to NOT smell everything.
For some reason pregnancy enhances your smell awareness... maybe to make up for lack of memory?

6. Not having to swallow horse pills daily.
Stupid pills.  Enough said.

7. People asking how I am doing rather than "How's the baby doing?" or "How are you feeling?" or comments about "Wow, you really do have a belly now!"
Although I guess what I have to look forward to is being "{baby's name}'s mom" for the rest of my life.

8. Being able to wear my rings. 
Swelling hands makes this a no go most of the time.

9. Feeling hungry.
You'd think with an extra tummy, I might feel hungry every once in awhile... barely ever.

10. Sushi, hot dogs, honey, and most especially, soft cheeses.
Maybe not hot dogs so much, but brie and feta, YES.

11. Feeling awake. 
Mostly I just feel tired or groggy.  Recently I've had more energy, but still feel tired often.  

12. My waist.
Is no longer a waist...  just a lump.

3 comments:

  1. honey? why honey? that seems like a random thing to not be able to have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. technically it's only unpasteurized honey... but I haven't found a bottle yet that specifies whether or not it's pasteurized, so I haven't been using it as much- I still cook/bake with it though.

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...