Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pinterest.

... is a slight obsession of mine.  I limit my time on it, so I guess you could call it a controlled obsession.  Having the app on my Ipod makes it way easier to follow trends and see more awesome "pins" while spending less time on the site.  If you haven't heard of Pinterest, I describe it as my visual thought gathering.  Instead of finding random things on the internet that I might one day want to purchase, make, try, or copy, and then bookmarking it in a crazy long list of links, I can pin a photo onto my Pinterest boards and find it again later.  If you have heard of it and have your own account, please note my new button over on the left directing you to my boards!  


Organization is key on Pinterest, I've found.  My boards could probably use even more organizing and fine tuning, but as of right now, I have boards featuring everything from stuff for my tiny peoples, fashion inspiration, natural home cleaning, toddler activities, and so forth.  It's pretty wonderful.  I find all kinds of stuff.  My newest goal for myself, though, is to actually act on some of my pins.  It's great to have them visually logged in one place, but if I never cook any of the meals, or try any of the art projects, or attempt the organizing ideas, I don't really see the point of having Pinterest.  


Soooo, that's been one of my resolutions for 2012.  (I rarely make resolution lists, but I made a few resolutions this year that I know I can keep, and this is one of them).  With that being said, here is a recipe for Playdough I found via a pin that the elder boy + I tried out the other day.  We are fans.  


Here is the recipe we tried:

Cream of Tartar Playdough Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of plain flour
  • 2 cups of colored water (food coloring)
  • 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 cup of salt

Directions:
  • Place all of the ingredients in a medium size or large pan.
  • Cook slowly on medium-high and stir it until the playdough thickens.
  • Thought there would be more steps? Nope, we keep it simple.
Keep the finished playdough in a plastic container in the fridge, that way it lasts alot longer. This playdough recipe is similar to the traditional playdough recipe, make sure to take a look at thatplaydough recipe too.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes, giving you more time to enjoying the finished playdough.
Who knew Cream of Tartar had more uses than just for baking Snickerdoodles???  Well, whatever it does in this recipe, it definitely made for some great playdough.  
If you are interested in trying out Pinterest, let me know!  I can send you an invite.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...