Image from my Pin-board. Pinned from http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a TB of ground flax seed
salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs
olive oil (or bacon grease if you're feeling ambitious and non-vegetarian for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with whatever you'd put on a burger.
Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.
Original Recipe from Lunch Box Bunch
Want to follow my blog? It's easy - subscribe via the RSS or email links in the top righthand corner.All rights reserved. ©Sarah G. Ortiz::This blog post may contain Amazon Affiliate links.By clicking through to make a purchase, you help to financially support TO+M::