Friday, May 4, 2012

Weekly Capture XI

picnics on the porch.

Quotes from my boy
"Hey babe! Can I call you babe?"

Overheard, Dom talking to his toys:
"Here are options. You need to make a choice. Be patient. Be PATIENT!"

Quote
"Never, never be afraid to do what's right especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict when we look the other way." 
              Martin Luther King Jr. 

Watching
Harry Potter + the Sorcerer's Stone - I finally managed to obtain a copy from the library. I was getting desperate enough I was going to rent it on Amazon Instant Watch, and they didn't even have it there. I think it's definitely a film I am half thrilled/half disappointed in. I love seeing the books come to life in some aspects, but in many (probably more) others, I am sad at how it doesn't measure up at all to my imaginings. 

Reading
Started the first book of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Thomas Merton's New Seeds of Contemplation - still plodding away

Listening To
Some 80s Goodness - any favorites I should add to my playlist?

Cooking
Ugh - nothing special. The mice that have invaded our house have completely killed any and all urges to be creative in the kitchen. 
Links
Managing Your Wardrobe: Pregnancy, Post-Partum and All Those Sizes In Between :: Simple Mom
Lessons for Our Boys :: Not Just Cute





Looking Forward To


Some beautiful weather! And scratching more off the bucket list!

8 Things I'm Thankful For
  • my mama + littlest sister coming to visit
  • picnics in warm sunniness
  • frugal shopping at the consignment sale last week
  • tea time with friends
  • asparagus being in season
  • chocolatey cookies
  • a surprise bottle of wine
  • coffee this morning (do I mention how thankful I am for coffee enough???)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...