Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekly Capture XII



Quotes from my boy
"Mama, can you fix my pants? They don't cover my ankles."

Quote

“Being a loving parent is work that guarantees the transformation of the ego for in the work of rearing children the limits of your selfishness, need and smallness are continually challenged. Somehow you find within your heart a love that is willing to stretch further and further. In this sense, the work of parenting is profoundly blessed work. Some people pray in words; in the work of raising children, parents pray every day with every fibre of their being.”
John O’Donohue, Beauty: The Invisible Embrace, page 164


"A room without books is like a body without a soul." 
              G. K. Chesterton

Listening To
My lovely Irish friend, Íde Nic Mhathúna:

Links
Spring Bucket List :: Passionate Homemaking   - More fun Springtime ideas!
8 Simple Ways to Live More Toxin Free :: Simple Homemade





Looking Forward To
David finally being done with this Grad class (next Wednesday!)

8 Things I'm Thankful For
  • breeze
  • perfect picnic days 
  • trips to see my family
  • adorable travel buddies (one of whom pointed out and named every truck along the route)
  • mini adventures
  • a wiggly little man climbing all over me as I type
  • crock pot cooking
  • no more mice in the kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Hooray no more mice!! That always made me feel icky... and if your neighbor below you isn't clean, then it is all the more difficult. :(

    Our cat was the final victory for us since the house next door to us was empty for a long time...

    Miss you. My summer bucket list includes a cup of coffee with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been debating having a cat come for a sleepover, but I've thankfully been able to dismiss that plan.

      I might be able to help you check that one off your bucket list... we'll be down your way in August - I'll email you with details soon!

      Delete

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...