Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekly Capture XIII



The long weekend threw me off as did (finally!) having David back and enjoying some lovely family/us time. So, this week is a little late. But better late than never, right?

Warm weather has brought about some busy days for us. Busy, but great! It included a trip to the zoo, including the new lion exhibit along with a peek into an African village (which included a few goats and a bus - Dom's favorite); a visit to our favorite Museum of Play; two trips to the canal - one to dine with the in-laws and feed some geese, and the second to eat some summer-must creamery made ice cream; and finally, a fun photo session for mama (to shoot, of course).


As it's Memorial Day, I hope you are all enjoyed some time to relax, step away from the busy-ness of everyday life, and cherish the moments with your family. Thank you to all who have given their lives to let our country remain free. Thank you also to the families have sacrificed their husbands, wives, sons + daughters, and parents to give my family the freedoms we enjoy.


This is one of my favorite photographs ever of a grieving soldier's wife. Taken by Todd Heisler for The Rocky Mountain News from his piece 'The Final Salute':


We spent the evening with some food and water fun with friends who live close by. Husband grilled up some tasty goodness. The weather is ridiculously hot (mind you, I live close to Canada) - 80something degrees is waaaaay too hot for me, especially this time of year, so sprinkler time it is!

Here's a quick recap on our week to catch you up!

Quotes from my boy
"Oh no! This one doesn't have a m-m-mama!" in reference to an M-less M+M

"Sometimes the Muffets (Muppets) are on Mama's YouTube."

Links
This super cute photo of my boys, if I do say so myself. =)
Ear Infection Escapades :: Modern Alternative Mama - a useful guide to have on hand
4 Simple Ways to Make Your Kids the Best of Friends :: Family Your Way - my parents definitely did number 4, and it worked!
How to Miss a Childhood :: Hands Free Mama
Ice Cream in a Food Processor How To :: The Kitchn - I love, love, LOVE ice cream (did I mention I love ice cream?), and as out budget doesn't allow for a ice cream maker at the moment, this shall be added to our summer to try list.

Quotes
"There will be a child who will live because men left the security they enjoyed in their home to come to this. He will have the gift of freedom which I have enjoyed for so long myself, and if my life brings the safety of a child who will one day change the world, then I know that it was all worth it."  USMC Sgt. William Stacey, 2/4, killed in action 01/31/12, in a letter to be read by his family in the event of his death.

Listening To

slightly obsessed with this song right now, and Darren Criss' version from Glee, especially.

Looking Forward To
An awesome Wednesday day trip planned with friends - photos next capture (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...