1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli (or cauliflower)
1/4 tsp salt*
ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 1/2 cups grated cheese - we used Muenster with a little cheddar and monterey jack
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. Lightly saute the broccoli or any veggies you want to add to this dish. Add garlic for the last minute or so to cook it.
2. Cook quinoa according to package instructions until fully cooked (about 15-20 min.)
3. Preheat oven to 350º F. Coat 9" x 13" dish lightly with olive oil/cooking spray.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Fold in cooked veggies, quinoa, and cheese. Let the cheese melt a little as you stir thoroughly. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, and sprinkle Panko crumbs over top.
5. Bake uncovered 30-35 min., or until the top starts to lightly brown.
*After trying it, I'd consider adding a bit more salt and pepper next time, and if you like garlic, possibly another clove of garlic. I didn't have seasoning salt (called for in the recipe I somewhat followed), but that or some similar spice combo might be a nice touch.
Want to follow my blog? It's easy - subscribe via the RSS or email links in the top righthand corner.
All rights reserved. ©Sarah G. Ortiz
::This blog post may contain Amazon Affiliate links.
By clicking through to make a purchase, you help to financially support TO+M::