Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Makes 20-24 nuggets
1.5 lbs or so boneless, skinless chicken - I used tenderloins (Remember if you plan to freeze these nuggets, it's best to use fresh chicken to start with instead of buying it frozen)
1/2 cup oats
1/4 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of seasoning salt
If desired, 3 TB minced onion and 1 clove minced garlic
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
If using, onion and garlic, saute 2-3 min. in olive oil, and let cool.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and process until chicken is finely chopped and all ingredients are combined. If using, add sauteed onion and garlic, and pulse a few times in processor to mix in.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl or dish.
4. With moistened hands, rolls 2 TB of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten to create a "nugget" shape.
5. Gently press the nuggets into the bread crumbs, making sure both sides and edges are covered.
6. Place nuggets, spaced a little apart, onto a greased baking sheet (I lined our pan with foil before greasing).
7. Lightly spray nuggets with olive oil cooking spray.
8. Bake for 16 minutes, flipping nuggets halfway through cooking time.
*If you want them more golden in color, put them under the broiler for 1-2 minutes after cooking them.
Nuggets can be frozen after step 5. Place on a baking sheet, and put in freezer for 1 hour. Nuggets can then be put (touching) into a freezer bag or other container.
Want to follow my blog? It's easy - subscribe via the RSS or email links in the top righthand corner.
All rights reserved. ©Sarah G. Ortiz
::This blog post may contain Amazon Affiliate links.
By clicking through to make a purchase, you help to financially support TO+M::