Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekly Capture XVII



We spent this past week with one of my younger sisters keeping super busy, eating way too many treats, and trying our best to beat the heat. I pretty much start dying when the temperature goes above 80, and the boys seem to take after me (so much for their father's Caribbean genes). We survived though.


Quote from the boy
D: "What's *his* name?" (holding up a holy medal)
Me: "San Juan Diego."
D: "*That's* his name? That's a really weird name."

He then informed me he knew ALL his saints and proceeded to start listing them off.

Quote found
"Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Reading
Finished up three mysteries this week - only one was worth recommending: Stealing Mona Lisa by Carson Morton, a fun story of an excellent con job. I'm a huge fan of any good, and I mean seriously good, mystery, so if you know any, pray, do tell. I'm lacking in ideas right now.

Watching
Just more Zen. It's still on PBS's Masterpiece site, so if you like contemporary mystery or Rufus Sewell (or both), I'd recommend checking it out.

Yard Sale/Thrift finds
I figure I'll share a bit what I'm finding since yard saling seems to be a regular part of my life right now. One of the best things about summertime. This week we found a Fontanini St. Joseph - he was missing the rest of his Nativity trio, so we got him as a steal for only 10 cents. Dom was thrilled to have the exact Joseph that Mimi (my mama) has. We also found some games + puzzles for our collection - I'm always on the lookout for great additions. 50 cents each. Lastly, a thrift store find of a wooden play shielf, to be cleaned up and made the first piece of our dress-up collection (obviously just being started).

Links to love
Eat Well, Spend Less: Summer Eating :: A collection of links from Kitchen Stewardship
How I Use Productive Procrastination to Get More Done :: SimpleMom
9 Things to Know About 3 Year Olds :: My Blessed Life
The {Relaxing} Summer Bucket List :: Family Your Way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...