Friday, June 29, 2012

Weekly Capture XVIII

Daddy pile!

The week wraps up with us packing, in the middle of a cough + the sniffles, and enjoying some much cooler weather. Next week promises to be full of activity as we head out for a few days seeing both D's extended family + my brother. Also, I hope to get the boys out next week to pick some blueberries...
Without further ado, our past week:

Quotes from the little man
D: "Mama, I have a cough."
Me: "Did you get Aunt M's cough?"
D: "Um, no... it's only my cough."


"Mama, I think I want to marry you"
"Mama, you just are the sweetest thing."

Apparently he's attempting to make up for his stinky 2 year old attitudes and tantrums... it may be working.

Quote found
"To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?"
             C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity


Watching
New Miss Marple episodes that have been recently added to Netflix streaming. I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie, and although I very much enjoy the film adaptations, I'm often confused as to why they added or changed certain things. Still worth the watch, I think. Oh, and Geraldine McEwan might make the cutest faces ever.

Reading
A whole pile of books! We're headed for vacation this weekend, and I've already packed several books, including Kristin Lavransdatter at the recommendation from Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas. I figure since we're bound to our motel room once the boys go to bed, I might as well plan lots of reading in!

Links
Top 10 Multi-Purpose Must Haves :: Mama and Baby Love
6 Ways to Keep Your House Organized :: Home Your Way

Thankful for

  • beautiful summer weather (if I had my way, all of summer would feel like today!)
  • zoo trips!
  • rest
  • reading like champs! (See my post on summer reading challenges)
  • somebody getting ready to sit up!
  • summer pie
  • somebody else using his potty for the 1st time!
  • all around fun summer days



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...