Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly Capture XIX

Happy Independence Day!

Wow - it's been quite the week. We left for Lake George last Saturday to meet up with David's extended family. In between then and returning home on the 4th, we kept our days full and our nights insane. Neither boy really slept that great (neither did I for that matter). BUT we did attempt to catch a fish, test out the frigid lake water, splash around in the warmer pool, visit Uncle Josiah (my little brother) who's dancing with NYC Ballet in Saratoga, try yummy foods, see loads of folks, ride on a pontoon boat, get super dirty, and much more. Both boys were thoroughly pooped out by the time we got home, and they're still recovering a bit (schedules are off, grumpiness is too high for mama's liking).

Quotes from the boy
"It's like Wegmans, but it's Canadian." - in reference to another grocery store that, by the way, was not Canadian

Heard from the double bed in which Dominic was supposed to be asleep:
"I'm asleep now."  "I'm a really big, giant caterpillar."

"I lost myself." Already a philosopher in the making, just like his Daddy.

D "teaching" B how to pray the Our Father

Updates on the B boy
No teeth yet, but slobbering like whoa. (A note soon on our favorite teething items!) Maybe sitting up very soon? He laughs at me after he stays upright for 5-10 seconds and then topples over. A huge fan of his big brother. It makes my heart so very happy to see them together.

Family photo op at Kateri's Shrine

Quotes Found
Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha's Shrine was right along our route to Lake George, so we made a stop there to walk around and enjoy a picnic lunch Saturday.
"I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus. He must be my only love."

Reading
Still plugging through Kristin Lavransdatter and enjoying it immensely thus far. Also have picked up a few mysteries and blown through them.

My little brother + B

Links to check out
Your Screaming Kids Are Distracting Me :: Held By His Pierced Hands
Preparing for Natural Childbirth :: My Blessed Life - no announcement, just considering ahead for the future...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...