Thursday, November 15, 2012

6 Points of Slapdashery

Edit: Mama brain on full force today... named this '6 points...' and then you'll see there are 7. 

I have a random spiel of information circling through my head at any given moment. Just ask my husband - I can barely get through a 5 minute conversation without being reminded of something else and taking the talk in another direction. It's slightly crazy (Am I the only one? Anybody else feel like their head has way too much randomness in it?)
In lieu of that I am going to try to share 6 random finds/creations/discoveries each week, so you, too, can join in my madness.

{1}
Mason jars are an excellent way to transport beverages for kiddos. We went to dinner last weekend and needed milk for Dom - he insists it's part of each and every dinner, but my in-laws don't drink it. So, into the mason jar (a jelly jar for this occasion) went some milk, and spill it did not.

{2}
I am so excited about this ridiculously cute stuffed creature I just bought for B's 1st birthday! (Can't believe he's getting close to a year... see, another rabbit trail! I'm doomed.)


Cutest guy ever, right???  I've been staring at him for a few months, and finally went ahead and ordered it. See more like it in Bijou Kitty's Etsy shop.

{3}
I was a little overzealous this year in completing Christmas/birthday gift shopping early and in a timely manner. Now I'm a little sad that I have maybe 3 items left to buy and still over a month til Christmas... poo for being super organized this year. 

{4}
In other handmade goody news, check out this shop that features Magnetic Saint sets : Magnetic Catholic. My boy would be in love with this St. George set:


{5}
I am a pom-pom making extremist. Got these nifty tools (Clover Extra Small Pom Pom Maker) awhile back, and I finally put them to good use this past weekend making 30+ red pom poms that I transformed into a garland for...

{6}
THE LUMBERJACK PARTY that we are throwing in honor of Dom's 3rd birthday. Party is Saturday, and I still have a lot to do... I am attempting to encompass most of our family's philosophies into it all (handmade, simple, less is more, reusable, books/stories, and eco-friendly). Hopefully I will have an epic post next week if I pull it all off.

{7}
Lastly, a tip I heard on Facebook a few days ago... and by heard, I suppose 'read' would be a more appropriate term. I am anxious to give this idea a try, so just know that it has not been tested by me as of yet. Tip: If you're out of bittersweet chocolate baking squares, instead substitute 3 TB cocoa powder mixed with 1 TB coconut oil for every 1 ounce chocolate called for. Melt oil, and stir together to create paste. Tada!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...