Thursday, November 22, 2012

Weekly Capture XXX

Happy Thanksgiving, folks! (or as the Dom says 'solks') Today's post will be extra short as I only have a minute. We're not hosting Thanksgiving today - joining my in-laws instead, so I have a moment here as I listen to Dom and his Daddy playing a rousing game of Veggie Tales 'Go Fish' in the room one over.



I've been mulling over people, opportunities, events, things, and such that have happened over this past year that I'm so thankful for. I stayed out of the whole Facebook "thankful thought a day" status update, but it did make me stop and think each day as I read others' posts.
I am so thankful for my sweet boys, spending each day living beside them as they grow into young men, watching their personalities come out and encouraging their heroics (already sending many prayers heavenward simultaneously). I'm thankful for my husband, as he cares for each of us, being a wonderful husband and terrific father - cooking when I'm just too worn out, doing many a push-up doubled as a "ride" for one boy or another, reading bedtime stories, working tirelessly (and commuting via bike this year when one of our cars died), and all around loving like only he can.


I'm thankful for my fabulous parents + siblings, most of whom have chipped in to help me for a week at a time this year (the youngest two are on pins + needles waiting for their turn) - how lovely it is to have them want to help me so much. I love them all like crazy. My extended family as a whole have given me much reason to be thankful, from in-laws, to cousins, to grandparents - what a wonderful gift they are to me and to my menfolks.


Out of the Mouth of Dom: His Thankfulness List
Curry, water, "That guy over there" (Blaise), Mater... oh, and Mama and Daddy.

Blaise Updates
No more teeth to help out in his trying of turkey and other Thanksgiving goodies, but the boy has learned how to pull himself up this week. We've been encouraging the room switch more and more as I'm not getting quite enough sleep these days, and it's starting to wear on me. Blaise has let his complaints be heard, but with enough singing, rocking, and patting of his butt, he has complied to take at least one nap in his crib in the boys' room.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyo! Welcome to Two Os Plus More! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. I *do* read and appreciate each and every comment, but sometimes due to, you know, life and stuff, it does take me a bit to reply. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...