I want to say that these are totally reasonable, and maybe they will be. However, even if I get one step closer to accomplishing these goals, at least I will know that I've made some sort of progress. Gina over at Someday Saints is all sorts of inspiring, and I decided to aim for a similar number since 15 is a pretty great number after all. I was having troubles whittling my list down to less, and more just seemed like it'd get overwhelming pretty quick.
So 15 stuck.
I also am adding three dreams, that are more "aiming high" on the goal scale.
- add in daily prayer or quiet time and journal more often
- work on physical strength and flexibility - my last pregnancy not only left me with a lovely tummy that will be needing work to help it in any way, but my joints now ache constantly. I'm hoping to achieve some reparation in that area through diet and strength training.
- get at least 8 photo jobs. Due mostly to David's degree finishing in 2014 and having a baby, I took no actual jobs last year. So, I'm hoping to revise that at least in a small way.
- make 1 piece of embroidery goodness. I'm intrigued by the art of it, but haven't actually done any in two decades or so. I figure it won't hurt, and if it's awful, at least I tried something basically new.
- read 1 NEW book a month. Last year's book reading was remarkably underwhelming. Planning to change that majorly this year.
- make it to Confession more often and implement fasting as a practice once not full-time nursing
- write David letters weekly, or at least bi-monthly. This is something we've made a practice of on and off during our relationship, and I like it.
- redesign the blog annnnnd get my own domain. Lofty financially and/or time wise, but I think it's doable.
For Our Family
- get all 3 boys into one room stuff wise, and at least 2 of them sleeping in there
- attend daily mass together once a month
- bi-monthly date nights for me and the man (at home counts)
For Our Home
- budget our money better and in a more organized manner (head over to my Pinterest board on organizing our life for where I'll be pinning ideas I come across!)
- minimize the stuff in each room annnnnd host a yard sale in the spring to declutter
- get a regular housecleaning schedule in place
- be more hospitable… open our home to guests (coffee, dinner, game nights…) at least once a month
- sell two cars and buy a new van
- take a weekend away with just David
- family vacation to a new place!
- finish paying 1 more school loan
And there you have it, what I'm hoping for 2015. If you have any great ideas for mapping out your goals in more tangible, everyday steps, I'd love to hear them. Share away!
What are you hoping to accomplish this year? What are your dreams? How are you going to get there?
Want to follow my blog? It's easy - subscribe via the RSS or email links in the top righthand corner.
All rights reserved. ©Sarah G. Ortiz
::This blog post may contain Amazon Affiliate links.
By clicking through to make a purchase, you help to financially support TO+M::